We are fortunate to have a number of specialised clinics and visiting professionals.
DIETICIAN / DIABETIC EDUCATOR
Rikke has worked as a community dietitian since she graduated from Queensland University of Technology in 2010. Rikke has a strong passion for Diabetes Education and decided to study further. She has become a credentialed diabetes educator in 2015. Rikke worked in rural and regional communities in the Far North Queensland before joining Medicare Local in Toowoomba. Rikke’s special interests are all about food and providing practical suggestions to manage blood glucose level without missing out on the food you enjoyed. Rikke has a strong focus on helping her clients reach their goals in a manner that suits them. She specialises in weight management, carbohydrate counting and dose adjustment and helping people develop healthy relationships with food.
Rikke is also a certified pump and CGM trainer.
Australian Hearing provides hearing services to clients eligible under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
The Hearing Services Program has two streams—the Community Service Obligation (CSO) program and the Voucher program.
Children and young adults
Children and young adults up to the age of 26 who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible for government-funded hearing services from Australian Hearing. They don’t need a Voucher.
Australian Hearing focuses on children with permanent or long-term hearing loss. Where there is no suggestion that a child is at risk of permanent hearing loss or may not need hearing devices, we will usually recommend the family contact another agency for testing and management.
Adults eligible to receive Australian Hearing services must be Australian citizens or permanent residents 26 years of age or older, and they must fit one of the following categories:
- Pensioner Concession Card holders.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card holders.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs White Repatriation Health Card holders specifying hearing loss.
- Recipients of a sickness allowance from Centrelink.
The following people are also eligible:
- Dependents of a person in one of the above categories.
- Members of the Australian Defence Forces.
- Referred clients of an Australian Government-funded vocational rehabilitation service.
Eligible adults in the above categories need to apply for a Voucher (which entitles you to subsidised hearing services).
Australian Hearing can also see the following adults (a Voucher is not required for these groups):
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged over 50.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples participating in the Remote Jobs and Communities Program
- An adult client who meets the Voucher program eligibility criteria and has a profound hearing loss or hearing loss and severe communication impairment.
- A person who meets the Voucher program eligibility criteria, and lives in a remote area of Australia.
For more information, including how to obtain a service, call 131 797.
Our visiting sites have appropriate facilities for assessment, device fitting and rehabilitation. Our Jimboomba site is attended by a qualified practitioner on a fortnightly basis and is linked to our Logan Central permanent site. Bookings are essential, call today to reserve your space!
For appointments, please call Australian Hearing directly: 07 33876600.
Alternatively, you can enquire at reception for contact details.
We are fortunate at JJFP to have a visiting Psychiatric service.
This service is funded and provided by the Government and all consultations are bulk billed.
The service is designed only for an assessment to help your own treating Doctor manage your Mental health Care needs.
This service is not designed to take over and provide ongoing care.
Appointments are made through reception. If you are interested, please discuss directly with your treating Doctor.
Respiratory clinics are performed on a regular basis by our trained nurses.
These clinics are designed for those with chronic respiratory conditions such as:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Lung disease
Please speak with your Doctor if you are interested.
Appointments are made directly with reception or 07 55477733.
Although we do not have a specific ‘Diabetes Clinic’, we do manage Diabetes in our Chronic Disease Management Clinic.
QML is conveniently located next door.
Jimboomba Shopping Centre, Jimboomba Junction Family Practice, Shop 33, 671 Cusack Lane
Jimboomba, QLD, 4280
Telephone: 07 5540 3162
- Mon: 08:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
- Tue: 08:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
- Wed: 08:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
- Thu: 08:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
- Fri: 08:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
- Sat: 08:00–11:00
- Sun: Closed
Special tests available:
- GDS Glucose
- Glucose Tolerance Testing (GTT)
- Hydrogen breath test
- Urea breath tests c14